To protect a directory in your site with a password
- Go to Websites & Domains and find the site's domain name.
- Click Password-Protected Directories, and Add Protected Directory.
- In the Directory name box, specify the path to the directory that you want to protect with a password.
This can be any directory existing in the site, for example: /private. If the directory that you would like to protect has not yet been created, specify the path and the directory name – Plesk will create it for you.
- In the Title of the protected area box, type a resource description or a welcoming message that your users will see when they visit the protected area.
- Click OK. The directory you specified will be protected.
- To add authorized users, click Add User.
- Specify the username and password that will be used for accessing the protected area. The password should be from 5 to 14 symbols in length. Click OK.