Note: The Surface tablet currently doesn't support POP3 email accounts.
To Set up Email on Your Surface Tablet
- Open the menu.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Accounts.
- Tap Add an account.
- Tap Other account.
- Tap IMAP, and then tap Connect.
- Enter your Email address and Password, and then tap Connect. If you see an error message, don't worry. You have all the information you need.
- Enter the following information:
IMAP Email address Enter your full email address. Username Enter your full email address. Password Enter your email account password. Incoming (IMAP) email server: mail.domain.com Port 143 Outgoing (SMTP) email server: mail.domain.com Port 25
- Select Outgoing server requires authentication.
- Select Use the same username and password to send and receive mail.
- Tap Connect.
That's it. If everything is working OK, you should see some email messages. To make sure you can send messages, go ahead and compose an email and send it to yourself.