Configuring Your Account
- Open Outlook 2016.
- Click to open the File tab.
- Select Email Account.
- Enter your full name as you want it to appear on your email account.
- Enter and retype your BASEHOST password.
- Click Next.
5. Click Finish.
To manually set up an account:
- Choose Manual setup or additional server types > Next.
- Select the type of account you need, and choose Next.
- Fill-in the following information (server settings are at the top of this page):
Your Name, Email Address, Account Type, Incoming mail server, Outgoing mail server, User Name, and Password.
POP settings Server name: outlook.office365.com Port: 995 Encryption method: SSL IMAP settings Server name: outlook.office365.com Port: 993 Encryption method: SSL SMTP settings Server name: smtp.office365.com Port: 587 Encryption method: TLS or STARTTLS
- Choose Test Account Settings to verify the information you entered.
Note: If the test fails, choose More Settings. Your administrator might have you make additional changes, including entering specific ports for the incoming server (POP3) or outgoing server (SMTP). You can also try changing the outgoing authentication method from TLS to START or Auto.
- Choose Next > Finish.