OFFICE 365 - CHANGING TIME ZONE
Changing the time zone for your official Office 365 account should be done through the Outlook Web App (OWA). The account will then sync with the Outlook desktop client and your mobile devices.
NOTE: If you have synced a mobile device with your Office 365 account, it is best to remove the account from the device and re-sync after the time zone is updated to ensure the correct time zone is being used.
- Log into your Office 365 account from the email landing page at http://www.uwplatt.edu/go/email
- Go to Mail or Calendar
- Click on Settings (the gear icon) in the upper right
- Select Options
- Expand the General list to the left
- Select Region and time zone
- Under Current Time Zone, select (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada). This time zone takes into account Daylight Savings Time and is the correct time zone for UW-Platteville and Platteville, WI.
- Click Save
NOTE: Microsoft frequently updates Office 365 with new or moved features without notice; UW-Platteville has no control over these changes. Also, changes are rolled out to accounts over time, so not all accounts may display the same. If these instructions do not match your account exactly, try clicking around in Settings until you find Region and Time Zone.