If you want to leverage the same data, channels, and settings from an existing team to create a new team, you can make a copy and then choose how your new team is organized and set up.
Note: Your organization can restrict who can create teams. If you can't create a team or need to turn off team creation, check with your IT admin.
- First click Teams on the left side of the app, then click Join or create a team at the bottom of your teams list.
- Then click Create team (first card, top left corner).
- From here, select Create from…, then choose Team. You'll see a list of teams that you currently own.
- Choose the team you want to copy.
- Name your team, add a description, edit the team privacy, or edit the team's data classification, if your organization has set this up. You can also use the check boxes to pick which parts of the team you want to copy: channels, tabs, settings, apps, and even members.
- When you’re done, click Create.
Fyi, after you copy the team, you’ll still need to configure the settings for apps and tabs.
If you didn't choose to copy members from an existing team (step 5), don't forget to add members to your team.