The Office 365 recovery form is a series of questions posed about your account, including related information that Microsoft thinks only the true administrator or organization would know. Here are the steps you should follow:
- Go to live.com/acsr.
- Enter the information for the account you’re trying to recover.
- Enter a working email address that Microsoft can use to contact you.
- Verify that email address through a code sent to that particular email.
- You’ll be presented with several questions about yourself and the account. Fill in as much information as you can to help assess the situation better.
- Submit the recovery form.
Note: If administrators have enabled two-step verification, the process of recovering your account will not work. Two-step verification is designed to prohibit access to anyone attempting to access your account, no matter how much information they know about it. If that is the case, you will have to contact your administrator.